Responsible for leading the design, development, and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an API Gateway level.
- Develop and create API configurations and swagger services and systems integrations on the bank’s integrations middleware stack using JAVA and Red Hat Integration technologies and tools to drive business.
- Configure and manage day-to-day operations of the enterprise API Gateway WSO2
- Responsible for designing, implementing API solutions, and building APIs that ensure security, usability, and reliability.
- Monitor the gateway performance and troubleshoot issues with application teams.
- Problem isolation and resolution, with the expectation that continuous improvement and enhancements are implemented.
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts and solution architects during the requirements engineering phase to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work together with Enterprise Architecture teams to analyse product requirements and design best-fit architectures and solutions guided by BPR policies and industry best practices and standards.
- Identify, champion, and implement innovative solutions that exploit existing business opportunities and mitigate existing risks.
- Accountable for the development and timely delivery of quality applications and software solutions from requirements definition, review of solution design (SDD) and interface specification documents (ISD), user test planning and review, defect tracking and ensuring closure project.
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during the design of the software to check on risk exposure.
- Analyse and fix software application bugs and defects and contribute towards ensuring high availability, scalability, fault tolerance, and resilience of production solutions and applications.
- Design, and develop unit test plans and perform unit and scenario testing for application code bases.
- Work with technology operations and support teams to handover system support skills and documentation and formulate OLA agreements with level 3 support.
- Collaboratively work with the Quality Assurance analysts and product owners to carry out our functional and system tests and play a key role in facilitating Integration tests.
Educational qualifications and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Professional Qualification: DevOps tools e.g., Jenkins/Ansible, etc