Responsible for developing and maintaining business account relationships to maintain and grow the SME business banking balance sheet (Customers Deposits and Loans & Advances) and sustain a profitable business banking portfolio.
- Marketing new business and managing existing business to enable the bank to realize revenue targets which are prescribed without compromising on credit risk appetite.
- Grow and monitor the SME banking asset and liability portfolio with the aim of ensuring that it remains profitable and of quality. Particularly responsible to grow the SME Tier 1 portfolio as per the bank SME strategy and in the region assigned.
- Maintain excellent relationship with existing and prospective SME clients to sustain business growth and increase wallet share and customer profitability.
- Initiate credit facilities through in-depth quality preliminary analysis. Process credit applications within stipulate TAT to ensure delightful customer experience.
- Resolve retail business customer inquiries to improve customer satisfaction.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and monthly portfolio reports including credit reviews, and monthly pipelines.
- Monitoring loan facility, detecting and restoring to performing, all debts falling into arrears to performing debts with the aim to ensure minimum portfolio at risk. Properly handover to recovery units all loans downgraded to grade 3.
- Promote alternative channels by raising the usage of Internet banking, Mobile banking, and cards by business customers. Acquire, train, and ensure retention of merchants and agents through effective relationship management
- Managing strategic partnerships important for SME Banking Growth.
- Maintain and grow the Biashara Club proposition through the onboarding of new members and retention of existing members.
Educational qualifications and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Professional Qualification in Banking
- 5 years of experience in sales, Credit appraisal and lending, general banking, relationship management, and stakeholder management.