To provide legal services to the business with an emphasis on commercial legal aspects more particularly in end-to-end contract life cycle management as well as new product implementation by the business.
- Ensure the prompt preparation and management of contracts for an assigned portfolio of work including leases and other general commercial law issues.
- Provide oversight for the contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, review, and contract execution.
- Review and draft major contracts as well as develop templates and standard commercial agreements across for business needs.
- Support contract negotiation and collaborate with business teams on developing effective relationships with contractors and vendors.
- Conduct risk assessment on all major commercial contract transactions including undertaking legal risk analysis and providing legal support for new and ongoing projects.
- Support legal awareness training as appropriate on commercial legal issues.
- Issue legal opinions and research in respect of commercial contracts being negotiated and signed as well as legal and commercial requirements of all product implementation.
- Oversee the appropriate maintenance of data, records, and statistics relating to contracts.
- Maintain a deep understanding of contract templates, contract policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
Educational qualifications and work experience:
- Master’s degree in LLM.
- Diploma in legal practice (ILPD)
- 5+ years of experience in legal in the banking sector.
- 3+ years of experience in legal drafting.
- 3+ years of experience in legal communication and advocacy.